NewTek Sensor Solutions introduces a new series of Difference/Sum LVDT Signal Conditioners that improve a sensor’s performance during large temperature variation.
By measuring the difference of the output over the sum (S1-S2)/(S1+S2), the NTC-6000-DS Quick-Cal LVDT Signal Conditioner compensates for changes in resistance in copper windings due to temperature fluctuations.
As a result, the Ratiometric Signal Conditioner is ideal for use with AC- LVDTs in harsh environments with extreme temperature swings such as aerospace test stands, packaging equipment, factory automation, turbine control systems and steam valve positioning.
Users of the NTC-6000-DS LVDT Signal Conditioner can select between a ratiometric Diff/Sum measurement or differential (standard) measurement. Based on the proven and reliable platform of the NTC-6000 LVDT Signal Conditioner, this standalone unit offers:
- Selectable ratiometric Diff/Sum measurement or differential (standard) measurement
- Compatibility with almost any AC-LVDT
- Self-diagnostics for sensor failures, disconnects or short circuits
- Cybersecurity locks out and tamper detect
- Voltage, current and digital
- Digital protocols include Modbus, CAN Bus, RS-485 and more
- Hot swap reconfiguration where setup is saved and reloaded via the RS-485 port
- Intuitive setup for quick configuration by non-technical personnel
- Selectable excitation frequency, analog outputs and bandwidth
The NTC-6000-DS LVDT Signal Conditioner is compatible with standard and constant sum AC LVDTS and RVDTs including NewTek’s NT-HT-1000 High Temperature LVDT Position Sensor Series designed for difference/sum measurement. These smart signal conditioners are RoHS compliant and CE-certified for use in Europe.
NewTek offers the NTC-6000 Signal Conditioner with a two-year warranty. The company accepts small- to large-sized orders and guarantees on-time delivery of units. NewTek can accommodate customization requests to conform to a specific package, non-standard analog or digital outputs, and heightened environmental ratings.
Print this page